- Lay down on back and extend one leg in the air.
- Ankle should be dorsiflexed so the toes are pointing towards the floor.
- Partner places one knee on the floor for support and kneel behind the leg being stretched.
- Apply pressure near the ankle and back/side of the knee, but ensure the knee is not hyperextending as injury can occur.
- Stop pushing when sufficient pressure is felt in the hamstrings, and hold.
- Exerciser keeps leg straight but pushes against their partner as if trying to lay their leg on the floor.
- Partner tenses arms to withstand pressure of leg.
- Repeat phase 1 but push further so the angle between the leg and the body decreases.